‘You know what the plan is? Get better, and don’t have any expectations. If you can go into something, getting better at it with no expectations… you only get rewards. I don’t expect anything from my instrument anymore. And guess what… the day I let that go was the day things started really happening for me.’ – Stan Bicknell.
It was great to chat to Stan just prior to the release of his Drumeo live session to youtube!
Stan is a great hang and a great guy.
We talk about…
– Being a part of ‘The New Caledonia’ and ’48 May’, backing artists such as Kimbra. And going it alone as an Instagram super drummer.
– Why you need to get your priorities straight to succeed on the drums (or life in general).
– A key word for Stan. Balance.
– Stan’s incredibly simple and logical approach on how to improve.
– Multiple listener questions, and a whole new listener call in segment!
And much, MUCH more.
* Coffee is an essential element of any half decent podcast and Stan is in the coffee game at Rumble Coffee.
* Stan only has 141 thousand followers on Instagram so please support him here.
Ladies & Gentlemen… Stan Bicknell
NZ Drummer Podcast. Available on…
Stitcher / Apple Podcasts / iTunes / Google Podcasts / Spotify / Overcast